Jacob T. Merkel is a Shareholder with Gregerson, Rosow, Johnson & Nilan, Ltd., practicing in the areas of civil litigation, fidelity and surety law, business law, and municipal law.
Mr. Merkel graduated from Dartmouth and received his J.D. from Boston College Law School, where he was an articles editor on the Boston College Law Review. Before attending law school, he spent several years in China and then taught Chinese in a U.S. high school. He is proficient in Mandarin Chinese (通晓中文).
Mr. Merkel has served as a judicial law clerk to Judge Kevin Ross of the Minnesota Court of Appeals and as judicial extern to Chief Justice Scott Kafker of the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
- B.A., Dartmouth, 2002;
- J.D., Boston College Law School,
cum laude, 2014.
- Minnesota, 2015
- Massachusetts, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2016
- Justice v. Marvel, LLC, 979 N.W.2d 894, (Minn. 2022)
- Justice v. Marvel, LLC, 965 N.W.2d 335, (Minn. App. 2021)
- Carr v. Heart of the North Home Inspection, Inc., 2021 WL 3043356 (Wis. App. July 20, 2021)