The form of entity selected for the conduct of a business greatly impacts the daily operations of the business and the income tax consequences to both the business and its owners.
The form of entity selected for the conduct of a business greatly impacts the daily operations of the business and the income tax consequences to both the business and its owners. We assist clients with various steps in the business process by reviewing the goals and individual facts present in each situation to recommend the best entity and form of a transaction. In conjunction with our business practice, we assist corporations, partnerships, and other business entities with all of their needs. Our attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of business and corporate transactions including the following:
- Formation of business and professional corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships
- Business purchase and sale agreements
- Negotiating and structuring buy-sell agreements, stock transfer agreements, etc.
- Asset and stock purchase agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and liquidations
- Preparing employment and independent contractor agreements
- Intellectual property issues involving trademarks and copyrights
- Asset sales
- Business succession planning and shareholder agreements
- Closely held businesses
- Joint ventures
- Governmental approvals
- Takeover issues