Municipalities choose our firm because of our reputation for providing flexible, cost-effective and comprehensive legal services.
Municipalities choose our firm because of our reputation for providing flexible, cost-effective and comprehensive legal services. We advise our municipal clients in the following areas:
- Ordinance and resolution drafting
- Land use and zoning issues
- Assessments and tax issues
- Municipal employment disputes
- Injuries to persons or property by municipal employees
- Contract preparation and review
- Hardware/software purchases and leases
- Condemnation proceedings
- Real estate transactions
- Municipal Prosecution
- Special projects, such as operations of airports and landfills within municipal boundaries
When retained, we attend council, board, and commission meetings as requested, render legal advice and opinions, provide litigation defense services in conjunction with matters not covered by insurance, appear in court for the prosecution of ordinance violations, and assist in personnel issues, negotiations, and arbitrations. We also provide risk management/litigation avoidance counseling and help keep our clients out of court through comprehensive planning and review of policies and procedures.